Happy Monday, everyone!
The Liebster award highlights new and small blogs and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. I have Lindsay from Broke and Bougie to thank for the nomination I love her blog, so I am honored to have been nominated by her.
Now that I’ve been nominated, here’s how it works:
1. I acknowledge my nominator (thanks, Lindsay!)
2. I answer 11 questions that Lindsay asked me
3. I list 11 facts about myself
4. I nominate up to 11 other small and new blogs (less than 200 followers) that I love and recommend
5. I propose 11 questions to those bloggers and they will pass it on!
So here are Lindsay’s questions to me:
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started this blog as an outlet for me to share my thoughts on healthy eating and nutrition. At work, I often hear comments that healthy foods are bland and boring and that I must eat only salads as a dietitian. Neither is true! I wanted share my experiences as a dietitian and foodie, hence “Chronicles of a Dietitian.” There is also so much misleading information floating around the Internet about nutrition and all it just adds to the confusion! I hope this blog helps to simplify nutrition and shows the truth about healthy eating.
2. What are your goals for your blog?
I hope Chronicles of a Dietitian encourage others to eat healthfully by making healthy foods look delicious, simple, and easy. I also want my blog to be seen as a reputable source for nutrition information and clear up some nutrition myths along the way.
3. What is your biggest weakness?
I am a planner and struggle with last-minute changes. I’m good about moving on to plan b, but I’m likely to get a bit frustrated when doing so.
4. What would you do if you won the lottery?
Probably quit my job, travel all over the globe, then buy a house with a gorgeous kitchen and cook all day!
5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I see myself with a family, working for on projects that provide nutrition or food to needy populations. My life goals do not necessarily have to do with accomplishing specific feats, but rather staying on a path that keeps me happy and feeling fulfilled.
6. What food could you never live without?
Sushi!! If it weren’t the most expensive meal to eat, I’d eat it every day!
7. If you could have lunch with anyone who would it be?
Michelle Obama. She seems so down-to-earth, put together, and sophisticated. Love her!
8. In a dream world what would your job be?
Hmm, maybe a restaurant critic so I could enjoy delicious food for a living? Though honestly, I really like my current job. I oversee food assistance programs that help provide meals and food to low-income seniors. It is a really rewarding experience.
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
Dark chocolate covered pretzels and coffee ice cream. Not necessarily together, though maybe I should try that…
10. What are some of the top items on your bucket list?
Just a couple items: drive cross-country and explore what’s between the two coasts, visit South America and climb Machu Picchu, sky dive, (re)learn Spanish, adopt a dog, learn to ski.
11. Fruit or veggies?
Vegetables. Hands down.
Now 11 fact about me:
1. I named my car Nemo after Finding Nemo, one of my favorite feel-good movies.
2. I love to cook but I am afraid of the grill.
3. I am an ACC girl: went to UVa for undergrad and UNC for grad school.
4. I am obsessed with Law and Order and Jack McCoy.
5. I walked the Great Wall of China when I was 14.
6. I love the Washington Redskins (used to be a season ticket holder) and Washington Capitals.
7. I am a beach girl and loooove warm weather.
8. I may be the only girl who HATES Love Actually. I love this.
9. I wear the same earrings every day. I’m too lazy to figure out what type of metal I am allergic to, so I’ve worn the same earrings for 2 years now. And they were under $5 from Claire’s. Yep.
10. I volunteer for a free clinic in Arlington once a month, providing nutrition counseling to low-income individuals.
And my questions for them!
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What is your favorite recipe (share the link!)?
3. When was the last time you cried during a movie?
4. What is your favorite food?
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
6. What is your favorite TV show?
7. Would you rather be able to travel back in time or travel into the future?
8. How many clothes do you have in your closet with the tags still on?
9. Where was your last vacation?
10. What is one thing you hope to accomplish by the end of 2014?
11. What is the strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
In writing this post, I realized how few bloggers I follow, so I would love for you to leave me a comment and share some of your favorites! They don’t have to write about nutrition or food, I would love to expand my horizons!